Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djreyes1110
Helper V
Helper V

Textsearchbox using created by from SP List

Hello, 

How do I write a function if the search field that I would like to add is the person who created the response (CREATED BY).

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This you can search by name

Filter('Request Form: Fleet','Created By'.Email = User().Email && StartsWith('Created By'.DisplayName,TextSearchBox1.Text))

Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Ramole
Super User
Super User

Hi @djreyes1110 
I did not see your control but you changed to requirements here is the simple code to use 

Filter(
        Data Source,
        (galFilter__Checks.Selected.Value="All" || Status.Value = galFilter__Checks.Selected.Value) &&
        AssignedTo = User().Email && StartsWith('Business Name',TextInput4.Text))
Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.

Hi, 

I am getting an error. I only changed the data source and text input.

Filter('Request Form: Fleet', (galFilter__Checks.Selected.Value="All" || Status.Value = galFilter__Checks.Selected.Value) && AssignedTo = User().Email && StartsWith('Business Name',TextSearchBox1))

What is a galfilter?

@djreyes1110 
You will need to change all control names to your control names, show me your SharePoint list field names and I will happy to amend for you please take a screenshot

Thank you

Please see attached. created by is set up as person in SP list.

@djreyes1110 
I have simple for you 

Filter('Request Form Fleet','Created By'.Email = User().Email && StartsWith(CompanyName,SearchTextInput.Text))

CompanyName is what field do you wanted to search by like title so changed to field name     

SearchTextInput is an text input you need to add one and name SearchTextInput

Thank you

@djreyes1110 
Just change the SearchTextInput to the name of the search you have in the screen

Filter('Request Form Fleet','Created By'.Email = User().Email && StartsWith('Operation Name',SearchTextInput.Text))

Thank you

This is the error I ma getting.

@djreyes1110 
You have an extra parenclose show me the code you have so i can see it how you put

Thank you

I did but the test responses are not showing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,966)