cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BridgetZ
Level: Powered On

Re: The Leave Request sample PowerApp

All the videos I have watched on this say that there is an excel file that should be created when you use the template. I have been trying this all day. The App works but I need to edit those default values and can't. For example, the HolidaysCollection only has dates from 2018. 

SilentUK
Level: Powered On

I am having the same problem here - no excel file created as a data source and it doesn't ask me to connect to onedrive.  

I'm also having two other issues...  

1) when a user requests leave, it emails the user to approve their own leave instead of the manager that has been set in AD/365.  The app wants the user to approve their own leave (Even though the app correctly displays that users manager when on the request screen).

2) When a member of staff has worked with us for 3 years they are granted additional leave of 3 days a year, i can't see how to update specific users leave days without using the excel file.

Highlighted
Neil4
Level: Power Up

Hello,  I installed the template for Leave Request  all went well.  It created a Data file in my One Drive for business and assigned a POwer APP ID to the Balance worksheet in the excel table - but with no data in the preceding row .  When I access the app and create a leave request it does not update the excel data file.  I know its is connected because it created the file and assigned a Power APP Id.

also when i create a leave request and Submit it sends the email to me, and not to my supervision as displayed in the app.  Clearly i am missing some key component, can anyone help?

lfahys
Level: Power Up

Are you still having trouble?  The manager will not receive an email correctly if they are not selected correctly on the New Request screen.  We had trouble with this not always populating and added some validation.  I also recently updated the Leave Request app with the following.  Let me know if you are interested in using this version or if you are still having trouble as I can point you in the right direction.

• Modified to have 3 user roles with auto-login based on being in the correct Azure AD Group
    • Employee
    • Manager
    • HR Manager (Full Admin)
  • Connected all data to SharePoint Lists
  • Added the ability to request hours off
  • Added filtering by employee on approve requests
  • Added a filterable Leave Balances screen for the admin
  • Saved any notes sent to employee about request
  • Connected holidays that are selected to the main company calendar stored in SharePoint
  • Moved Emails sent for approvals to a MS Flow for easy editing
  • Added links to the emails that go directly to approval
  • Created a flow to add approved time off to the main company calendar
  • Added a workflow to roll-over time off at the end of the year.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,824)