cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

The Specified record was not found/Resource not found error during patch

Hi Mates, 

how to resolve this issue,

I just extended column length from Varchar(50) to Varchar(500), then I refreshed SQL DataBase, the table in power apps,

removed code from the button, and re-added same code, it's not showing any error but during the running app, it throws below error.

the movement when I alter table then I am getting this error. Yes the table has already PrimaryKey mean when I create a table 

always I will use below code 

ID Integer IDENTITY(1,1) PRIMARY KEY,

sqlerroe.PNGsqlerror.PNG

do I need to reconfigure anything from the table or any what is happening when altering table?

 

 

any resolutions to fix this issue.

 

your help would be really appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @muralikrishna12 ,

Regarding the formula screenshot that you provided, I could not find any syntax error with it. I think this issue may be related to your SQL Table connection.

 

Please consider remove the SQL Table connection from your canvas app, then re-add it again in your canvas app, then within your Patch formula, re-reference the SQL Table data source, then try your Patch formula again, check if the issue is solved.

Note: When you made some changes to your SQL Table, the previous created SQL Table connection in your canvas app would be invalid. So you need to re-create a new connection to your SQL Table to make the changes take effect in your canvas app.

 

If the issue still exists, please consider re-type the Patch formula within your "Submit" button, then check if the issue is solved.

 

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @muralikrishna12 ,

Regarding the formula screenshot that you provided, I could not find any syntax error with it. I think this issue may be related to your SQL Table connection.

 

Please consider remove the SQL Table connection from your canvas app, then re-add it again in your canvas app, then within your Patch formula, re-reference the SQL Table data source, then try your Patch formula again, check if the issue is solved.

Note: When you made some changes to your SQL Table, the previous created SQL Table connection in your canvas app would be invalid. So you need to re-create a new connection to your SQL Table to make the changes take effect in your canvas app.

 

If the issue still exists, please consider re-type the Patch formula within your "Submit" button, then check if the issue is solved.

 

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xida-msft 

Thanks for your assistance, that`s right but also one more solution, which i did is close the app, and reopen then its fine. 

TickboxPhil
Advocate V
Advocate V

Wow, just had same error and problem after a SQL backend change and hitting Refresh in Power Apps (which should of course pick anything up, or at least warn if the whole Connection is now outdated).

 

Great idea @muralikrishna12 - using the full "Close" on the app and restarting does clear it all without having to fiddle around replacing formula. Phew!

TJpaterson
Regular Visitor

@muralikrishna12 I had the same issue posted and I just removed the data source and re added it. It worked like a charm. 

 

Thank you

joybaylon_
Helper I
Helper I

joybaylon__0-1623207482102.png

Hi I'm also having this kind of error on my end user. But when I opened it on my device, it seems fine. Please help me to resolve the issue.

 

Yep same issue here with a Power App in a solution deployed to our managed environment .  I think in our case is we have added and amended columns in our backend SharePoint list to match the list in our development site; rather than copying a blank list from dev to prod. Luckily we haven't gone live yet so there is time to fix.

One of those quick decisions that you regret tenfold afterwards....😣

 

Specified record not found cens.png

Anyone found a fix for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,800)