cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

The Update property of DataCards does not always exist

I have an app with multiple different CDS entities connected to it. The EditForms that are auto-generated from the app for these datasources are extremely helpful because there is no need to type out a huge Patch function for all of these entities. But unfortunately I am noticing that some of the cards have no Update property. Most of them usually do, but out of perhaps 20 cards I might have 2 without the property. I see locked and unlocked cards with and without Update properties as well, so it does not have to do with that.

I would just like to know if this is a new update to get rid of it or if the presence of the Update property depends on something else. Basically, is this a bug, a feature, or a misunderstanding of how DataCards work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: The Update property of DataCards does not always exist

I don't see where to check the Attribute, but it appears that I was just unaware I was looking at the cards for calculated fields! In that case, there is no problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Boneckrh19 ,

Is this entity a standard entity or a custom entity? Check the Attribute of this field, is it Writable attribute or Read-only attribute? I just tested with one of the custom entity, and I do have such fields that are not editable even in EditForm:

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks for posting in the community @Boneckrh19 - can you review the above reply and update the thread if it was helpful?

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I don't see where to check the Attribute, but it appears that I was just unaware I was looking at the cards for calculated fields! In that case, there is no problem.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,628)