cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jronash
Level: Powered On

The app didn't start correctly. Try refreshing your browser.

I have the dreaded "The app didn't start correctly. Try refreshing your browser." error.  Here's the scenario.

I have a SharePoint site with two lists.  Each list has a form that I've customized with PowerApps.

Multiple users have access to the site and lists.  One is me, the rest are external users.

My account and all but one of the external users can access the Apps and all functionality without issue.  One external external user gets the "app didn't start correctly" message when she tries to load the App in either list.

Things we have tried:

- Different browsers

- Different computers

- Incognito mode

- Removing and re-adding permissions

- I've deleted one of the apps and re-built it from scratch, just to see if that made a difference.

Nothing has had any effect.  Any ideas on what I should try next?  I'm just about out of ideas.

Session ID: b842f13f-2814-4017-b165-ae6bd4a7e208

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jronash

Re: The app didn't start correctly. Try refreshing your browser.

A quick update on this issue.

I opened a support ticket with Microsoft several weeks ago, and as of Tuesday, the app is working correctly again.

Unfortunately I haven't heard from Microsoft what exactly the problem was or what fixed it, so I can't give much advice to anyone else dealing with the same issue, other than suggesting they open a ticket.  They did say early on that it looked like the problem was that the App wasn't able to access the list data, which suggested a permissions issue.  But the user permissions were set up correctly, and we didn't change anything with the permissions to fix the problem.

If I get more information back from Microsoft I will update this ticket, but for now I will mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
TiagoFreire
Level 8

There have been some ongoing outages recently in SharePoint on some location, MS is scrambling to fix it. 

Might be related to that, hopefully should go away soon.

Jronash

Good to know - hopefully patience will be all that is required to fix this!  I am skeptical that the outages would explain my issue, however.  The external user and myself are in the same geographical location, and I even had her log in using my computer, without success.

Plus, we've been seeing this error for the past four days, which seems like too long a time to be explained by outages.

If there are any other thoughts of things I could try, I'd be happy to hear them!

TiagoFreire
Level 8

see if you have enabled deprecated features, disable them.

If you have experimental features, you may be hitting a corner-case bug. 

I would recommend clearing browser cache, but you said you have tried different browsers and machines.

Have you tried a different internet as well? Although rare, connection issues could cause persistent failure.

I remember back in ye olde days of PPPoE having MTU issues which would make some pages/urls break consistently.

Also, you could try republishing the app and see if goes away.

At any rate, letting a problem linger on for too many days is not good, opening a ticket if you can't fix it quickly  is a good a course of action. Although rare, sometimes server-side intervention is needed.

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Hi @Jronash ,

This issue seems to be sporadic, I also haven't met such issues.

Could you try to roll back to a previous version and publish it to check if the issue still remains?

More details about rolling back app to previous version, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/restore-an-app 

If the issue still exists, please consider capture the Session ID of your app, then submit an assisted support ticket along with the captured Session ID through the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/get-sessionid 

Get Help + Support: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Best regards,

Sik

Jronash

A quick update on this issue.

I opened a support ticket with Microsoft several weeks ago, and as of Tuesday, the app is working correctly again.

Unfortunately I haven't heard from Microsoft what exactly the problem was or what fixed it, so I can't give much advice to anyone else dealing with the same issue, other than suggesting they open a ticket.  They did say early on that it looked like the problem was that the App wasn't able to access the list data, which suggested a permissions issue.  But the user permissions were set up correctly, and we didn't change anything with the permissions to fix the problem.

If I get more information back from Microsoft I will update this ticket, but for now I will mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,032)