cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anilrambhajan
Helper III
Helper III

The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold

This is my dropdown list selection filter

Sort(Filter(
Choices([@Permits].'Look Ahead'),
!IsBlank(Value),
!IsEmpty(Value)
), Value, Descending)

The problem is that the column (Look Ahead) is a multiselect column and as a result, I am unable to add an index.

My list is over 5000 items (SharePoint online). Please help

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @anilrambhajan ,

You actually have some limitations before that as Not() as in !IsBlank is not Delegable, so you are limited to 2,000 records. Apart from the indexing issue, you will also have other limitations on multi-select columns as they are a Table requiring the in Filter, which is also not Delegable.

I can only suggest that as you are over 5,000 items to keep any columns you want to use for Filters to Single Line of Text or Numeric.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Thank you for your response

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (3,574)