Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VictorSotnikov
Helper II
Helper II

The button Play displays an old version of my Power App

I have the following problem:

I have created a canvas Power App. I have not Published it and did not include it into a Solution. I used only Run command to run it.

But when I issued a Play command I was surprised: a saw an old version of my App; they way it had been several hours ago.

Why is that? Why I see the outdated version when issue Play ?

Regards,

Victor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@VictorSotnikov  IF you play the app in the edit mode it will show you the latest version however if you use the play mode outside edit mode it will show the version that was last published by you.
Publish gives us developers flexibility to hold on the the live changes, we only publish a app after we make sure the new added feature is working correctly as expected.
We can even use different environments like production, pre-production or developers to keep it more efficient.

Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful because this can help others.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/manan-malhotra-vfx/

Want to support me! Buy me a Cup of Coffee?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

You can try restoring the version that you created before.

But not sure what was the problem there

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,

Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

My website!

My blog!

Manan-Malhotra
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@VictorSotnikov  Sometimes we as developer keep multiple tabs open and forget to refresh the page that shows all our apps, please simply try refreshing the main page then click in play and make sure latest version in published.
Hope this helps!

“…please simply try refreshing the main page then click in play and make sure latest version in published….” – in other words, you are suggesting that I first Publish my app and then click Play.

Now I am on an early stage of App development’ so I have not think about Publish it. Is it necessary? Please explain – I am novice in Power Apps.

"please tag me in your reply and please like my reply." - sorry: what exactly means "tag me"; where is a coresponding button/link/anything to "tag" you?

@VictorSotnikov  IF you play the app in the edit mode it will show you the latest version however if you use the play mode outside edit mode it will show the version that was last published by you.
Publish gives us developers flexibility to hold on the the live changes, we only publish a app after we make sure the new added feature is working correctly as expected.
We can even use different environments like production, pre-production or developers to keep it more efficient.

Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful because this can help others.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/manan-malhotra-vfx/

Want to support me! Buy me a Cup of Coffee?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,705)