cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DineshPathak
Level: Powered On

The combobox control in PowerApps bound to managed metadata in Sharepoint List column no displaying all the values

Hi Everyone,

I have combobox control in PowerApps which bound to managed metadata in Sharepoint List column.

But it is not displaying all the values.

However, I am able to search the metadata values (Taxonomy fields) by typing in the combox box.

I did not find any property to configure the default number of items displayed in combobox or metadata column in SharePoint List.

Please advise how to display all the metadata values (Taxonomy fields) in combobox of PowerApps.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: The combobox control in PowerApps bound to managed metadata in Sharepoint List column no displaying all the values

Hi @DineshPathak 

What is the formula expression of your combobox control?

I test on my side, it can show all.

ComboBox1.Items=Choices('2019test'.MetadataTest)       

(the green ones is sp list name and column name on my side)

metadata.PNG

You can also use one collection to test,add one button control, then Button.OnSelect=ClearCollect(CollectionName,Choices('2019test'.MetadataTest))

collection.PNG

Best Regards.

Yumia

DineshPathak
Level: Powered On

Re: The combobox control in PowerApps bound to managed metadata in Sharepoint List column no displaying all the values

Thanks for you reply Yumia,

The formula expressionis same as that of yours.

ComboBox1.Items=Choices('MyTestList'.Countries

My Combox is created own its own while adding a datadource connection to SharePoint List (MyTestList say).

MyTestList contains a managed metadata column bound to Taxomony (Countries for e.g.)

There are more than 20 countries in managed metadata column in SharePoint but the rendered combobox in PowerApps is displaying 20 values only or 20 parent values only but no childs. However, the values get displayed while typing in combobox box.  Please advise how to get the entire taxonomy fields (Parent and Children displayed in Combox) by default.

Microsoft Andresan21
Microsoft

I am also running into this issue. The managed metadata for countries is about 195 rows and it only returns the first 20. You can search the rest but they do not appear as dropdown options until you search for it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,419)