cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WatermelonCat
Level: Powered On

The commands for the search bar

I connected my excel to a list screen. Is there a function for the search icon or search bar that will allow the user to search through the list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerAddict
Level 10

Re: The commands for the search bar

No, the search icon is just for visual purposes to tell a user to a enter their search criteria next to the icon in the search bar.

This formula will be your gallery's item property. Click on the gallery and it should default to showing the Items property of the gallery. It might be something like
ExcelFileName

Change it to what I shared in my previous reply. Let me know if that doesn't work. If you are unsure, send me a screenshot of the Items property of the Gallery and I will write down the formula for you.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PowerAddict
Level 10

Click or select your gallery and you should see a search function in the Items property of the gallery. It will.be something like this:

Search(List, TextSearchBox1.Text, "Column" )

List will be your datasource/excel name
Replace Column with the column name against which you want your users to be able to search.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)
WatermelonCat
Level: Powered On

Do I put it under the OnSelect function of the icon?

PowerAddict
Level 10

No, the search icon is just for visual purposes to tell a user to a enter their search criteria next to the icon in the search bar.

This formula will be your gallery's item property. Click on the gallery and it should default to showing the Items property of the gallery. It might be something like
ExcelFileName

Change it to what I shared in my previous reply. Let me know if that doesn't work. If you are unsure, send me a screenshot of the Items property of the Gallery and I will write down the formula for you.

---

Hardit(Haman)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,318)