cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adminwmabi
Frequent Visitor

The data integrated from Power BI not shown

I already see that there are fields from Power BI report to choose but once I choose, nothing is shown. What did i do wrong?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @adminwmabi ,

Do you mean that you could not see the records ([@PowerBIIntegration].Data) within your embedded app?

If you want to preview these records from your BI report within your embedded app when you edit this app, please edit your embedded canvas app from your Power BI report as below:

10.JPG

rather than edit the canvas app from your PowerApps web portal, then these records from your report data set would be displayed within this embedded app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adminwmabi ,

How do you create your embedded canvas app into your Power BI report? Create a new app from your BI report or add existing one?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:

11.JPG

Set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

[@PowerBIIntegration].Data

then you could add several Labels within the Gallery, set the Text property to following:

ThisItem.ColumnName

Also please make sure there are some existing records stored in your Report Table, which your PowerApps Custom Visual relies on. And you have selected proper fields for PowerApps Custom Visual, then click "Create new" button to create a new canvas app.

Also please check and see if the following video resource could help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9yYzPg0LwM

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
adminwmabi
Frequent Visitor

Already worked. I created Power App on Power BI service instead of Power Bi Desktop and it worked.

Another issue that I've is that I cannot preview anything until i published and see it on the Power Bi Report. Is it because I have too many items on the gallery? I have 500 items.Capture.PNG

Hi @adminwmabi ,

Do you mean that you could not see the records ([@PowerBIIntegration].Data) within your embedded app?

If you want to preview these records from your BI report within your embedded app when you edit this app, please edit your embedded canvas app from your Power BI report as below:

10.JPG

rather than edit the canvas app from your PowerApps web portal, then these records from your report data set would be displayed within this embedded app.

Best regards,

Hi @v-xida-msft

I have tried to click "Edit" on the App (in Power BI) and Click OK on the pop-up window. But it always redirect to the Power App Studio Main page (https://us.create.powerapps.com/studio/) instead of the edit App page. Could you please help me on this? Is there anything that block me to open the actual website?

Thanks!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,142)