cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The data source supplied to the function is invalid -combo box error, SPO data source

I get this error for every combobox control in my Power App, appears as a runtime error and I literally go, delete the Items property of the combobox and then put the exact same value again and the app is happy, but it's extremely annoying that this is happening, so I just want to know if anyone else is experinecing that. I work with PowerApps daily and only noticed this happening today, after a quick Google noticed that the issue has appeard before in the past and this thread gives a workaround: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/The-data-source-supplied-to-the-function-is-..., but I'm raising this again to see if Microsoft are working on fixing it again.

3 REPLIES 3
Duhorothy
Frequent Visitor

I am seeing this same problem. If i simply click on the red underlined text, the error goes away. this happens everytime i open the app in Edit mode.

Digital
Super User
Super User

I get the same error on all of my comboboxes in edit mode that use a SharePoint choice column as the source. If I click in the formula bar the red cross disappears. It is though the data source isn't recognised until I click into the formula bar.

They work fine in play mode so not a major problem but just a little annoying.

Choices('SharePointList.ChoiceColumn')

drbob53
Regular Visitor

I have had the same problem - all my dropdown lists come up with data source invalid and a red circle but if I either wait 10 mins or refresh the data source (Sharepoint list) they all go away and the app is happy. An ongoing bug I suspect.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,369)