cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The data source supplied to the function is invalid - nothing has changed on my SPO data source

I created a PowerApp by customizing a SharePoint form. Nothing has changed on the SharePoint list recently. When I open the PowerApp now all of my choice fields show a red X error of "The data source supplied to the function is invalid."

If I refresh the SharePoint data source, then the error goes away but all of my choice fields break. They essentially stop being choice fileds and don't work at all.

I am not using any other data sources. 

There is a lot of logic built into the form, so removing and re-adding the fields is not a good solution. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

This is an ongoing issue with PowerApps. Which Microsoft is working to fix. See this recent forum post.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Sudden-appearance-of-red-x-s/td-p/24...

Here’s what Microsoft suggested to do until the problem is fixed.

“””
We have identified what we believe to be the root cause of the issue and are currently validating a few. It should be available shortly for release to production. As we understand it, the issue may occur sometimes when the data source that a ComboBox control is bound to is either (a) refreshed, or (b) removed and then added again. The current advised mitigation that has seen success with customers is to perform the following actions after refreshing or removing/adding a data source:

1. Save the app immediately and close it
2. Re-open the app and continue making any non-data source refresh/remove/add changes (note: you will have to make at least one trivial change to mark the app as dirty so that it can be saved again in step #3)
3. Save the app and re-publish

This should allow the ComboBox controls to be correctly reconfigured to the correct values.

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question to help others find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up!
Highlighted

I'm having this same error,  Have a form that's been used for weeks.. I really had not touched it but noticed today that some of my fields don't save when user enters them.  I opned the form and found all these have this error ' data source supplied to function is invalid'.  I've not changed anything.  I tried to do the save and go back in as per Microsoft suggestion but it still has the error so I'm afraid to publish now.  What did you do to get past this latest bug!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Just adding my voice here, i got the same error message today using patch on collection generated via collect on SQL table. At runtime the function still works, so not a problem for me at present, but still there...

Highlighted

Thank you. This workaround helped me to fix the issue. I was getting this error when I moved a solution that included apps and flows to a new environment.

Any update on when the fix would be available?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,453)