Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lauren_
Advocate III
Advocate III

The default video on powerapps video

Hey folks,

Where can I find the default video given when using the video media control?

I love the jazzy music and wanted to add it as part of a quick video intro to the tool!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User III
Super User III

@Lauren_ 

If you trace your app using the browser tools, you can find the URL of the video.

timl_0-1620406402904.png

By inspecting the app, I can see the source CDN location which I've posted beneath.

Hopefully, you can do a 'right click' save as on the link below to save the video locally.

https://cdn-paaprodsuk.azureedge.net/v3.21043.23.184900224/studio/ctrllib/videoPlayback/media/Sample... 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

It is a built in resource called SampleVideo.

You can access it as such anywhere in your app.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Hey Randy, can I extract it outside of PowerApps at all?

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Lauren_ 

Hmmm...that's a good question. 

Are you looking to "lift" it out of PowerApps for some other purpose?  

I don't know of a particular way to go about that.  Except for the traditional, play it and record it method.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
timl
Super User III
Super User III

@Lauren_ 

If you trace your app using the browser tools, you can find the URL of the video.

timl_0-1620406402904.png

By inspecting the app, I can see the source CDN location which I've posted beneath.

Hopefully, you can do a 'right click' save as on the link below to save the video locally.

https://cdn-paaprodsuk.azureedge.net/v3.21043.23.184900224/studio/ctrllib/videoPlayback/media/Sample... 

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@timl 

Awesome!!!!  I didn't think about looking at the tools.  I first thought it would be a resource in the apps and looked there in the Resources.json for it, but it was not there.  Kind of gave up at that point to be honest and reverted to the traditional concept of recording it.

@Lauren_  Tim has provided your solution!

timl
Super User III
Super User III

@RandyHayes Thanks Randy!! I actually did the same as you and I looked at the resources.json file first. That was what prompted me to do a trace.

The thing that's interesting here is the format of the Filename and Path values. I suspect we can take the root CDN address that I posted above, and use that as an entry point to retrieve other "ctrllib" resources.

timl_0-1620415677515.png

I'm actually impressed at how Power Apps links the sample video, to avoid bloating the MSAPP file. Well done Microsoft!

Thanks Randy, perfect!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (30,053)