cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knivy
Frequent Visitor

The $filter expression must evaluate to a single boolean value

Hi,

I am building an embedded canvas app and it is filtering a dataverse table as below:

If(!IsEmpty(Filter(Table,ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Item.Table.Status='Status (Table)'.Active),true response, false response)

I am getting the following error when playing the app:
'The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: The $filter expression must evaluate to a single boolean value.'

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here as I am filtering to a single value, Active. Any help with the above will be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi,

This looks like you are trying to filter by 'Status (Table)'.Active which I would think is not just a single value? the result of the filter expression needs to be true/false, so its looking for a single value that it can compare against whereas this I think would be a many/many comparison.

Think of it this way, if we are comparing a row from ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Item.Table.Status

that one row contains one thing called bread

if 'Status (Table)'.Active contains the status values cheese, milk, bread and honey, is a single value of bread equal to multiple values of something else - how would you compare that as an Equals operation?

Could you share some more context around your status and active values?

Thanks,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,011)