Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ash2
Helper II
Helper II

The filter part might not work on large data sets on share point list

Hi All,

Im building a power app that connects to share point list, im using a Filter function to only show items that are related to that user that's logged into the app. 

My question is there are more then 10k worth of items within the share point list, will the filter function still work correctly on the gallery (that's contented to the share point list).

If not how do i get around this issue, thank you in advance for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ash2
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, 

i figured out another method to work around the delegable filter function

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwiErbYtRdA&list=LL&index=3&t=459s

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Ash2 

Yes, it will work provided you do two things:

#1 Make sure your filter function is delegable

#2 Turn on Indexing for any columns used in the Filter function 

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Ash2
Helper II
Helper II

@mdevaney 

Im really new to this so i got a few more requisition.

1) what is the reason you need to "Turn on Indexing for any columns used in the Filter function"?

2) how do i make sure the filter function is delegable?

So the filter I am using is pasted below 

Filter('MS Incident Reporting',If(Dropdowncurrentstatus.SelectedText.Value="All",'Current Status'.Value<>"",'Current Status'.Value=Dropdowncurrentstatus.SelectedText.Value),If(Dropdownincidenttype.SelectedText.Value="All",'Incident Type'.Value<>"",'Incident Type'.Value=Dropdownincidenttype.SelectedText.Value),If(TextInputforlocation.Text="",'Incident Location'.Value<>"",StartsWith('Incident Location'.Value,TextInputforlocation.Text)),If(TextInputTitle.Text="",Title<>"",StartsWith(Title,TextInputTitle.Text)),If(IsBlank(DatePickertincident),'Actual Date & Time of Incident'<>"",'Actual Date & Time of Incident'=DatePickertincident.SelectedDate),If(Dropdownsegmenttype.SelectedText.Value="All",'Incident Location:Segment Type'.Value<>"",'Incident Location:Segment Type'.Value=Dropdownsegmenttype.SelectedText.Value),If(DropdownPC.SelectedText.Value="All",'Primary Consequence'.Value<>"",'Primary Consequence'.Value= DropdownPC.SelectedText.Value),If(DropdownPS.SelectedText.Value="All",'Incident Responsibility'.Value<>"",'Incident Responsibility'.Value= DropdownPS.SelectedText.Value),If(If(AppUserProfile.AppUserEamil in 'Incident Location:Area Ops Manager Email'.Value Or AppUserProfile.AppUser365Profile.mail in 'Incident Location:Area Ops Manager Email'.Value, true , false ) Or If('Created By'.Email in AppUserProfile.AppUserEamil Or 'Created By'.Email in AppUserProfile.AppUser365Profile.mail, true , false ) Or If(AppUserProfile.AppUserEamil in 'Incident Location:HSE Rep Email'.Value Or AppUserProfile.AppUser365Profile.mail in 'Incident Location:HSE Rep Email'.Value, true , false ) Or If(AppUserProfile.AppUserEamil in 'Incident Location:HSECompanyRepEmail'.Value Or AppUserProfile.AppUser365Profile.mail in 'Incident Location:HSECompanyRepEmail'.Value, true , false ) Or If(AppUserProfile.AppUserEamil in 'Incident Location:HSECorpRepEmail'.Value Or AppUserProfile.AppUser365Profile.mail in 'Incident Location:HSECorpRepEmail'.Value, true , false ), true , false))

Ash2
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, 

i figured out another method to work around the delegable filter function

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwiErbYtRdA&list=LL&index=3&t=459s

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,731)