cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selvarathinam

The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Invalid type. Expected Integer but got String.'.

Dear Team,

We are getting the below error while testing the flow with SQL Premium connector with Executestoredprocedure(V2)

Its giving other error it is not due to the data type difference in the parameter. Error message is also misleading and we are not able to proceed further. 

Error :

The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Invalid type. Expected Integer but got String.'.

Any help in this would be highly  appreciated. 

Regards,
Selva
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @selvarathinam ,

This is a general issue that input parameters can only be recognized as text when testing, which cause the test error. The workaround is to use int() function to wrap that parameter to convert input text to number, then the test can keep going.

However, when the flow is in actual running, the input parameter types can be correctly identified.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @selvarathinam ,

This is a general issue that input parameters can only be recognized as text when testing, which cause the test error. The workaround is to use int() function to wrap that parameter to convert input text to number, then the test can keep going.

However, when the flow is in actual running, the input parameter types can be correctly identified.

Hope this helps.

Sik

selvarathinam

This is not yet solved.  we are facing the same problem when try to test the Stored proc.

Thanks,

Selva

@selvarathinam 

I've been using flows calling stored procedures for quite a long time. And this issue was grating on me enough to open a ticket with Microsoft. The test harness for flow with regards to PowerApps "Ask PowerApps" parameters is super, super basic.  Unlike other triggers, Power Automate's test function does not understand what type of input you are looking for (even though it's clear in the trigger JSON definition), so it just gives you a basic text box and treats everything as as string. Hopefully they will fix in the future, but this is how it is today.

We have a couple of options to deal with this:

1) Test your flow by entering the literal value you want to test directly into the Execute Stored Procedure test, until you know that it works. Then replace with the Ask in PowerApps parameters and then add to your app in PowerApps.

2) Another alternative is to create a basic Power App stub for testing your stored procs. I prefer this method. I add whatever input controls I need to pass the parameters to the flow, add a button to call it and other controls to view the results. Then when all is working as expected, I add it to my "real" app. 

It's super frustrating to have to use these "workarounds" for a product that is supposed to save so much time, kind of ironic.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,237)