cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The property expects Record Values, but this rule produces incompatible Table values

Hi All,

Currently, I have two duplicates of a combo box that searches an organization's directory for a given user. One version is on screen1 (DataCardValue16_1) and the second version is on screen2 (DataCardValue16). I intend to allow users to only interact with the version on screen1, which will then take the selected individuals data and copy it into version2. Specifically, version 2 of the combo/lookup box is in an Edit form to upload to a SharePoint list, while version 1 is on a separate screen and not in a Edit form. Here is a screenshot of the error:

Sc1.png

I found that .Selected.Value, .SelectedItems and .Selected all do not work properly. Can anyone please tell me the proper syntax to transfer record values from one combo box to another field? Thanks in advance.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okay. I just tried it and this works.

I have 2 combo boxes. ComboBox1 and ComboBox2

For ComboBox2 set the DefaultSelectedItems to be:

ComboBox1.SelectedItems

That should do it. 🙂 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Shanescows
Super User
Super User

Combo boxes produce records because you can have multiple values. You cannot pass mutiple values to a field/control that is expecting text. 

Do you need to pass multi values? Would you be better off using a dropdown that only allows single selection? 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used dropdowns for a couple of other fields, but this field in particular I would like to have multiple selected values. Therefore, I would like to pass multi values between combo boxes. Is there anyway that I am able to pass record values from a one combo box to another? I would like for users to choose a couple of choices in my combo box on my first screen, and then those choices would be set as the default value in my second combo box (which would be hidden and unaccessible by the user). 

Okay. I just tried it and this works.

I have 2 combo boxes. ComboBox1 and ComboBox2

For ComboBox2 set the DefaultSelectedItems to be:

ComboBox1.SelectedItems

That should do it. 🙂 

View solution in original post

I am having this same error when I tried to change my dropdown box to a combobox so multiple items can be selected in the edit and create screens.  The field is being pulled from a seperate table in excel that give the selection choices and is stored in onedrive for business. The dropdown worked fine for a single selection but I need a multiple selection box and to be able to write back to the excel data sheet.  This is easy to accomplish with a sharepoint list but how do you make a multiple choice box when the data is stored in excel?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,098)