cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ExCessna Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: The property expects Table values, but this rule produces incompatible Boolean values

This might be what you need:

000-Request and Response Header on Swagger Event.png

ExCessna Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: The property expects Table values, but this rule produces incompatible Boolean values

Created a Swagger file for the WorldCat ISBN search and made a connection with it in PA. I have now tried with two different APIs and the corresponding files I created, both of which respond successfully in the Swagger Editor but result in PA errors that are similar, but different. This second file leads to an "Internal Server Error" in PowerApps (see below). Any ideas on how to fix this will be most appreciated!

[FYI- I have made connections in App Studio using these APIs with the Custom API connector in App Studio and they work well, but of course there is no way to pass a value (ISBN) to the query and now way to use the data once returned.] So I'd really like to get this working in PowerApps.

I realized after preparing the screen shots two ISBNs are shown in the screen prints below. This does not make a difference in the resulting error, however. One is a 10-digit ISBN, the other a 13-digit ISBN. Sorry about that.

Here is the second Swagger file used in PowerApps:

001-WorldCatISBNAa.pngSwagger Part A001-WorldCatISBNAb.pngSwagger Part B

The Swagger editor response is shown below:

001-WorldCatISBNAResponse1.pngSwagger Editor Response Part A001-WorldCatISBNAResponse2.pngSwagger Editor Response Part B001-WorldCatISBNAResponse3.pngSwagger Editor Response Part C

The PowerApps Error Message is shown below:

001-WorldCatISBNAPAError.png

Highlighted
ExCessna Resolver I
Resolver I

...And the Fiddler Trace...

001-WorldCatISBNAFiddlerGet&Response.png

Power Apps
Power Apps

Unfortunately, Swagger 2.0 does not allow query strings in paths.

See the following on reasons why this is the case: Proposal: Querystring in Path Specification

You can see this by the fact that the '?' char in your path is being escaped (per url escaping protocol). Also, there is likely a weird thing going on with connectors which is possibly masking the actual problem. But this is definately the cause of the problem. In all likelyhood, the connector is passing to your service a url which is further messed up.

You should fix your paths to be Swagger compliant.

I have filed a task on our plate to detect this scenario and to reject any Swaggers that contain the '?' char in the path string.

One thing that you'll hit though is that you'll have to actually specify the parameters with no values. This is unfortunate as you'll have to specify the parameters in the rules. But first thing is to be explicit. I'd recommend specifying the parameter as type:"string" for now and just specifying "json" in the function call to unblock you.

View solution in original post

DipenShha
Frequent Visitor

Hello Team,

I have created a custom connector which read the multiple items bases on business logic from sharepoint lists.

No i have call connector from the power app and it gives me error that "The property expects the table values but this rules produces in compatiable values."

But when i ran the connector from test page it will generate json records as below.

[{\"odata.type\":\"SP.Data.InvoiceapprovaltasksListItem\",\"odata.id\":\"4d5eb3aa-f285-48f6-90e0-32514b5177f6\",\"odata.etag\":\"\\\"3\\\"\",\"odata.editLink\":\"Web/Lists(guid'6d41d1bb-b5a0-42e6-a723-2b0ea2ccf7fe')/Items(334)\",\"TestInvoiceUniqueRefID@odata.navigationLinkUrl\":\"Web/Lists(guid'6d41d1bb-b5a0-42e6-a723-2b0ea2ccf7fe')/Items(334)/TestInvoiceUniqueRefID\",\"TestInvoiceUniqueRefID\":{\"odata.type\":\"SP.Data.InvoicetrackerListItem\",\"odata.id\":\"3b82e4a6-c9b2-4480-970e-6f7d6795cfed\",\"TestInvoiceUniqueID\":\"Invoice000326\",\"TestInvoiceNumber\":\"1\",\"TestTotalGrossValue\":500000.0,\"TestVendorName\":\"GHD PTY LTD\",\"TestGeneratedPrNo\":null,\"TestInvoiceDate\":\"2017-11-30T18:30:00Z\"},\"Id\":334,\"ID\":334}]""

How can i convert it in table format as power App read only table records and function also work on table records?

How can i generate table values from Custom API?

As i have observed that when we connect sharepoint as data soure it returns the table value from lists.

Can anyone help me out ?

Thanks

Dipen 

Meneghino Community Champion
Community Champion

I think @jneyses has found a solution in this post.

He should be publishing more details in the next few days to that post.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,497)