cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.

I am getting below error when I try to edit a SharePoint list item, created by another user. The list has been customized using PowerApps. 

Error: "The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. clientRequestId: d74820cd-2778-4d38-b3bc-40xxxxxxx serviceRequestId: 6f302a9f-40ff-a000-c511-f651xxxxxx"

Once the form is submitted by another user, MS flow removes all permission on that item and assigns contribute to few users including me. That form has attachment as well.

Can someone point me in right direction. This is hampering a critical delivery scheduled to go-live. I thought PowerApps was supposed to increase productivity but seems it is not at the moment. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Pstork1  for your input. It was indeed related to permissions.

Though, I had "Full Control" on the item to my account, I was still getting the error "The requested operation is invalid..."

It started working when I changed copyRoleAssignments from false to true in Break Inheritance step and then remove the permissions for SharePoint groups and assign the permissions to individual users.

break inheritance

_api/lists/getByTitle('<listname>')/items(<ID>)/breakroleinheritance(copyRoleAssignments=true,clearSubscopes=true)

remove group permissions

_api/lists/getByTitle('<listname>')/items(<ID>)/roleassignments/removeroleassignment(<SharePoint Group ID>)

Hope this might help to someone getting the same error.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Verify that the steps that change the permissions are working appropriately.  It sounds like you don't have permission to the item anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me the complex fields' related settings? like choice, lookup, person.

Here's a similar issue for your reference, please check your sharepoint custom form's settings :

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/The-requested-operation-is-invalid-Server-Response-A-value-must/td-p/33651

Usually, formulas in the customization part will lead to this kind of problem.

So please check these formulas to see whether you made any mistake.

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Pstork1  for your input. It was indeed related to permissions.

Though, I had "Full Control" on the item to my account, I was still getting the error "The requested operation is invalid..."

It started working when I changed copyRoleAssignments from false to true in Break Inheritance step and then remove the permissions for SharePoint groups and assign the permissions to individual users.

break inheritance

_api/lists/getByTitle('<listname>')/items(<ID>)/breakroleinheritance(copyRoleAssignments=true,clearSubscopes=true)

remove group permissions

_api/lists/getByTitle('<listname>')/items(<ID>)/roleassignments/removeroleassignment(<SharePoint Group ID>)

Hope this might help to someone getting the same error.

That's not a big surprise.  If you don't copy the role assignments when you break inheritance then the only person with access to the item would be the original author.  That would also make removing the groups unnecessary since they wouldn't be there to begin with if you don't copy roles.  But it is much safer to copy the roles and then remove the extra groups, or make sure you are the owner of the item before breaking inheritance.

Hello,

I am having the same problem. Could you please explain more how to solve it.

Thank you,

Anas Siddique.

Please post this as a separate thread.  You will get more help and responses as a new post rather than a reply to an old thread.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,968)