cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Umesh_chape
Helper II
Helper II

The requested operation is invalid. Server Response [dbo].[tableName] A value must be provided to item client requestId: d18ddacb-…….

Hello,

I am creating power app to save the data in SQL server ( Azure). 

In this app total 4 screens are present and at last screen I am submitting data from form to SQL table. 

I am getting below error 

"

The requested operation is invalid. Server Response [dbo].[tableName] A value must be provided to item client requestId: d18ddacb-……."

Any if what may wrong from powerapps, SQL table, Azure access

I have attached error screenhot

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Umesh_chape 

Can you confirm that there is a primary key on your table? None of the columns in your screenshot seem like a primary key field.

PowerApps isn't able to work against tables without a primary key so that's another candidate for this not working.

View solution in original post

@Umesh_chape 
Now that I have seen your code, I agree with @timl: have you defined a primary ID (key) for your SQL table?

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

18 REPLIES 18
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Umesh_chape 
Show the code you are using to submit the data.  A screenshot of the app would also be helpful.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Umesh_chape 

The most likely cause of this error is that your table contains a mandatory field, and your Form or Patch statement doesn't provide a value for this field. Can you check that you've provided values for all the mandatory/non-null fields in your table?

Thank for response @timl 

My table contains all fields with allow nulls. Please find attached screenshot for your reference

Thanks

@Umesh_chape 
Did you forgot to pass the ID when updating an existing record?  Are you using a SQL View?

You have not shown your code here as I asked in my first post.  Please share it.

---

Thanks @mdevaney . Sorry I missed your answer. 

Please find attached screenshot of app and table

Thanks

@mdevaney   I have written below code to submit form values to SQL

SubmitForm(Form1);NewForm(Form1) 

Thanks

Hi @Umesh_chape 

Can you confirm that there is a primary key on your table? None of the columns in your screenshot seem like a primary key field.

PowerApps isn't able to work against tables without a primary key so that's another candidate for this not working.

@Umesh_chape 
Now that I have seen your code, I agree with @timl: have you defined a primary ID (key) for your SQL table?

---

Thanks @timl @mdevaney . I have created primary key as "Requestor". 

But Then I am getting error "Requestor: Field Requestor is required" 

I am passing this field from  Office365Users connector. Code is "Office365Users.MyProfileV2().displayName". Even I can see that result on my screen. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,128)