cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andwong
Helper I
Helper I

The requested operation is invalid. Server response: DataSourceA failed: Expression "FieldA eq null" is not supported.

Hi, 

I am encountering the following error message only when I run my published app: 

The requested operation is invalid. Server response: DataSourceName failed: Expression "CommonRequester eq null" is not supported.

Note: The error message does not display when I test the app (F5 or holding the Alt key). Also no issues are identified via App Checker. 

Details:

DataSourceName = Excel spreadsheet uploaded onto SharePoint with two columns: CommonRequesters and OtherRequesters

CommonRequesters = First part of my cascading drop down. The selections of OtherRequesters (the second part of my cascading drop down is dependent on the value selected under the CommonRequesters field)

CommonRequesters_DataCard1 > DataCardValue13 > Items property: Distinct(DataSourceName,CommonRequesters)

OtherRequesters_DataCard1 > DataCardValue14 > Items property: Filter(DataSourceName, CommonRequesters = DataCardValue13.Selected.Result)

I suspect it might have something to do with the priority/sequence of how the screen is loaded because the app/drop downs work fine and the error message does go away after. I have tried reconnecting my data sources and removing/adding the fields back, but no dice.

Any guidance would be appreciated, thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @andwong ,

Excel . . . there is nothing wrong with your code - do you have access to SharePoint? This will all go away.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @andwong ,

Excel . . . there is nothing wrong with your code - do you have access to SharePoint? This will all go away.

View solution in original post

andwong
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @WarrenBelz, thank you for taking the time to review my issue. I just tried using a SharePoint list and the error message seemed to have gone away. Do you have any idea why this error message happens with Excel only? 

Hi @andwong ,

I can only repeat Shane Young's @Shanescows advice

WarrenBelz_0-1614034878386.png

You have made the right decision going to SharePoint - as a Database, Excel is a good spreadsheet . . .

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,194)