cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

The second dropdown list can not show the values?

I have made two dropdown to test the cascading.But the second one is not worked.

The data source is comes from SP(as the screenshots shows).

Then the app:(as the screenshots show)

Dropdown20_region.Items:'20181210List Region';

Then Dropdown21_department.Items:Filter('20181210List Department', Region.Id = Dropdown20_region.Selected.ID)

And the "=" it marked red and no value can be selected in this dropdown list. No matter add Id OR NOT,

Filter('20181210List Department', Region = Dropdown20_region.Selected.Value) also not correct.

Then I try to turn off the "Explicit column selection" option and "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within the Advanced settings of App settings. The issue is always exists.

Many thanks for your suggestions.App_CascadingDropdowns issue.pngSP_1_CascadingDropdown.pngSP_2_CascadingDropdown.png

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @xyzzyx666,

Are any of the columns that you are using for filters Choice or Lookup type?

Hi @Drrickryp

Yes the second list department's region's type is look up, the Region is from the first list.

Hi @Drrickryp,

I have checked the property of the two dropdowns, I think the issue is because of this. But I don't know why it will generate the value:ComplianceAssetId Automatically when I input Filter in the Items and how to change it. Its color is grey. Could you give some suggestions. Many thanks!

cascadingdropdown_Value of department.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (20,542)