cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bivan
Frequent Visitor

The specified column 'ColumnX' does not exist. The column with the most similar name is 'ColumnX'.

@Pstork1 @WarrenBelz @RandyHayes 
Hello everyone, I have made an app that can upload a collection to SharePoint list as new row when the app get online back. 
To collect the data that want to upload, I make a button with the property On Select : 

Collect(LocalDatatoUpload, {Name: TextInput1.Text, Value: Label1.Text, CategoryID: Value(TextInput2.Text)};
SaveData(LocalDatatoUpload, "LocalDatatoUpload")

And On Start I write this code :

If(Connection.Connected, 
   LoadData(LocalDatatoUpload, "LocalDatatoUpload", true);
   If(CountRows(LocalDatatoUpload) > 1, 
      Collect(SPList_Name, LocalDatatoUpload);
      Clear(LocalDatatoUpload); SaveData(LocalDatatoUpload, "LocalDatatoUpload")),
LoadData(LocalDatatoUpload, "LocalDatatoUpload", true))

But there is an error in Collect(SPList_Name, LocalDatatoUpload); (line 4) with blue hightlight at LocalDatatoUpload.
The error message : "The specified column 'CategoryID' does not exist. The column with the most similar name is 'CategoryID'.

Then I found the internal name like "Field=_x0063_gc0", so  I take the column name is '_x0063_gc0', and change the On Select Property of the button :

Collect(LocalDatatoUpload, {Name: TextInput1.Text, Value: Label1.Text, _x0063_gc0: Value(TextInput2.Text)};

Or

Collect(LocalDatatoUpload, {Name: TextInput1.Text, Value: Label1.Text, ODATA__x0063_gc0: Value(TextInput2.Text)};

And back to On Start, the error change to "The specified column '_x0063_gc0' does not exist." or with second code "The specified column 'ODATA__x0063_gc0' does not exist." with highlight in the same place.
I have tried to make a new collection with different name and rename the column name  from '_x0063_gc0' or 'ODATA__x0063_gc0' to CategoryID by RenameColumns(), still get same result.

I hope you guys can help me. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Just asking, did you rename the column in SharePoint after creating the column?

I suggest you delete create a new column with same Data type and use that new column instead. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Just asking, did you rename the column in SharePoint after creating the column?

I suggest you delete create a new column with same Data type and use that new column instead. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Have you tried temporarily adding a button to build a collection based on a filter() of the SharePoint data source?  Then look at the column names in the collection that builds and try to match the column you are looking for.

ClearCollect(Tempcol,Filter(SPList_Name, ID < 5))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Heimdallr
Frequent Visitor

I get the same error with a CDS table in PowerApps for teams.

With({
            Name:txt_name.Value, 
            IsValue:current_is_value,
            Description:txt_description.Value},
Collect('Vision values',ThisRecord)
);

I get the following warning. I didn't rename a column or something. I believe it has something to do with creating a temporary object and then trying to insert it in the table.

Heimdallr_0-1616624908650.png

Collect('Vision values',{
            Name:txt_name.Value, 
            IsValue:current_is_value,
            Description:txt_description.Value});

The following code works

Heimdallr_1-1616624972933.png

Is it me or this is odd? 

I am having the same error. I have already tried to delete and add the data source again, tried to delete the column and made it again. The error is still there.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Go to List Settings and edit the column definition.  Check the setting for Field= at the end of the URL address.  That is the internal name for the column that you should be using.  Make sure that is what you are using and not the display name.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I solved it in this post:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Sharepoint-list-Error-names/m-p/888250#M2820...

Warren Belz helped me out but the only way to fix it was changing the name of the column from "N10" to "N_10". I tried to create from every "create column" option and always got the same error

Wrong column name.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,428)