cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csheets
Helper I
Helper I

The specified record was not found. Server Response: <Sharepoint List Name> failed: Resource not found

Took about 6-8 months building a new complex form for our New/Existing/Separated employee request form in our company and extensively tested it.  Users were able to submit forms just fine, and are still able to submit forms just fine during testing and I tested the form with a group of about 15-20 users.

After throwing the form into production, we have had a number of random users say that they cannot see anything in views I created for them nor can they submit new forms.  These users get the error stated in the title of this post flashing atop their browser:

The specified record was not found. Server Response: <Sharepoint List Name> failed: Resource not found

This cuts ties to pretty much every connector being used in the form rendering everything completely useless in the form itself.  Its almost 50-50 now with users that get this and users that don't.  There is nothing tying all the user that get this together, as everyone in our organization has full control and/or edit access to every list tied to this form.

Can anyone help PLEASE?!?!?!

Just to clarify:

I can log into a user account that has these issues on my PC and I get the same error.  I can then log into the powerapp as a user unaffected by the issue on my PC, and its just fine.  Its a problem specifically with the user account and permissions I am guessing.  Would wiping all permissions and resharing the application do anything?  I also ran the script for it NEVER to ask users permissions to login, fearing that these affected users clicked "Dont Allow" originally.  Script ran without a hitch and affected users are still affected and normal users can get in without any issues.

Edit

I "Saved As" my huge application, gave permissions to everyone, and logged in as the problem user.  When prompted to allow connections, I allowed them.  User had ZERO issues accessing the information.  My guess is that the users who are having problems in my organization clicked "Do Not Allow" when entering the application for the first time, hence forever breaking that connection.

Can I restore that connection via unsharing the entire app and resharing, or will that not re-prompt the users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
csheets
Helper I
Helper I

I used the "Save As" function on the form, made a new one, ran the powershell script to suppress the connection question (found here https://www.anupams.net/suppress-user-consent-popup-in-powerapps/), and then changed all the shortcuts to point to the new form.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
csheets
Helper I
Helper I

I used the "Save As" function on the form, made a new one, ran the powershell script to suppress the connection question (found here https://www.anupams.net/suppress-user-consent-popup-in-powerapps/), and then changed all the shortcuts to point to the new form.

View solution in original post

FCGALLEG
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Csheets, 

Thanks for share the info.

Javier

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,074)