Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

The specified record was not found upon opening app

I have several PowerApps using CDS entities . They have been working properly for almost 1 year now and suddenly starting last thursday, when the apps are opened, the error message right away fires "The specified record was not found" It's like the whole database is gone, but when you view data from entity, it's still there. the apps cannot access it. Please help, these are our VISITORS MANAGEMENT Applications (2 apps) and our Factory SAFETY Reporting APPS 😞 I don't know how to help the users.
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @JenVitug,


Please check the CDS connection, is it connecting properly? Please just try to update the connection to see if it will work.

Do all the apps that were created based on CDS entities have the same issue?

Could you try to create a new app that relies on CDS entity to see if you will still get the issue?

Besides, apps that are based on CDS entities could be opened without issue on my side.


Best regards,


Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Attaching har file and session ID and logs for support:

Session ID: d732988b-4ec4-453d-b13c-32ba99e863bd
PowerApps 3.18112.16

@v-yamao-msft hi,

I tried to remove and CDS Entity and when trying to RE-ADD the DataSource, this is the error  (I cannot add the CDS Entity BACK    now 😞 😞 😞  (Panic):


I also tried creating a new app using CDS connection , but upon choosing the Datasource for the CDS it has the same error  (see short clip)


"error": {
"code": 404,
"source": "",
"clientRequestId": "375a0f36-4a7a-44ef-9505-e005f04c6241",
"message": "The response is not in a JSON format.",
"innerError": "<!DOCTYPE html>\r\n<html>\r\n<head>\r\n <title>Microsoft Azure Web App - Error 404</title>\r\n <style type=\"text/css\">\r\n html {\r\n height: 100%;\r\n width: 100%;\r\n }\r\n\r\n #feature {\r\n width: 960px;\r\n margin: 75px auto 0 auto;\r\n overflow: auto;\r\n }\r\n\r\n #content {\r\n font-family: \"Segoe UI\";\r\n font-weight: normal;\r\n font-size: 22px;\r\n color: #ffffff;\r\n float: left;\r\n margin-top: 68px;\r\n margin-left: 0px;\r\n vertical-align: middle;\r\n }\r\n\r\n #content h1 {\r\n font-family: \"Segoe UI Light\";\r\n color: #ffffff;\r\n font-weight: normal;\r\n font-size: 60px;\r\n line-height: 48pt;\r\n width: 800px;\r\n }\r\n\r\n a, a:visited, a:active, a:hover {\r\n color: #ffffff;\r\n }\r\n\r\n #content a.button {\r\n background: #0DBCF2;\r\n border: 1px solid #FFFFFF;\r\n color: #FFFFFF;\r\n display: inline-block;\r\n font-family: Segoe UI;\r\n font-size: 24px;\r\n line-height: 46px;\r\n margin-top: 10px;\r\n padding: 0 15px 3px;\r\n text-decoration: none;\r\n }\r\n\r\n #content a.button img {\r\n float: right;\r\n padding: 10px 0 0 15px;\r\n }\r\n\r\n #content a.button:hover {\r\n background: #1C75BC;\r\n }\r\n </style>\r\n <script type=\"text/javascript\">\r\n function toggle_visibility(id) {\r\n var e = document.getElementById(id);\r\n if ( == 'block')\r\n = 'none';\r\n else\r\n = 'block';\r\n }\r\n </script>\r\n</head>\r\n<body bgcolor=\"#00abec\">\r\n <div id=\"feature\">\r\n <div id=\"content\">\r\n <h1>404 Web Site not found.</h1>\r\n <p>You may be seeing this error due to one of the reasons listed below :</p>\r\n <ul>\r\n <li>Custom domain has not been configured inside Azure. See <a href=\"\">how to map an existing domain</a> to resolve this.</li>\r\n <li>Client cache is still pointing the domain to old IP address. Clear the cache by running the command <i>ipconfig/flushdns.</i></li>\r\n </ul>\r\n <p>Checkout <a href=\" Service Domain FAQ</a> for more questions.</p>\r\n </div>\r\n </div>\r\n</body>\r\n</html>\r\n"

Session ID: 05cf4a41-a18d-4215-a3b6-ef30d0cf3751

@v-yamao-msft have done all your suggestions but still the apps are having the same error. I have already raised a ticket with Microsoft (1 week ago)  and to-date , it is still unresolved. 

[REG:118120519418181] PowerApps Pro Limited - All PowerApps using the CDS connection has stopped working , Error "Specified record was not found" at the homepage of each app Initial Response


PowerApps is now so unreliable, all our production apps using CDS have not been in use for almost 2 weeks now.


Not applicable

adding in @CWesener to assist 



Helpful resources

UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,023)