cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holzi02

The type of this argument X dos not match the expected Type Record. Type text as found

I am currently creating a beverage ordering app. I want to create records in "beverage orders" from labels. There are different drinks and each drink has its own number. This means that "VG1000" is the drink and "Wasser_Gruen_Count" is how many drinks should be ordered. The one picture shows an example how a record should look like. To create a record I want to use the patch function, but unfortunately I get the following error message when I enter the line. The error message means "The type of this argument X dos not match the expected Type Record. Type text as found." What is my error?WhatsApp Image 2021-03-18 at 08.53.20.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-03-18 at 08.58.32.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-03-18 at 08.55.02.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Holzi02 

From your screenshot, Getrank appears to be look up/related column. Can you confirm that's the case?

If so, the patch syntax you would use would look something like this

Patch('Getranke-Bestellungen';
      Defaults('Getranke-Bestellungen');
      {
          Getrank: LookUp('GetrankLookupTable'; YourFieldName="VG100");
           Anzahl: 'Wasser Gruen Count'
      }
)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Holzi02 

From your screenshot, Getrank appears to be look up/related column. Can you confirm that's the case?

If so, the patch syntax you would use would look something like this

Patch('Getranke-Bestellungen';
      Defaults('Getranke-Bestellungen');
      {
          Getrank: LookUp('GetrankLookupTable'; YourFieldName="VG100");
           Anzahl: 'Wasser Gruen Count'
      }
)

View solution in original post

Thank you. It works😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,107)