cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

There has to be a way!

I have been using PowerApps almost 2 years now, and I have a issue that i cant solve and it gets placed on the back burner, then the issue will re-occur, I will work on it for a bit, and then the cycle continues.  I have asked for help here before and I have been told more than once what I am trying to acheive is not possible.  What is that?!!  PowerApps can do anything......

Here is my issue:

I have a table (from Excel) with the first column as a date and values in the remianing columns.  The date column in the Excel is set to a "Short Date" format.  The remaining columns are "General Text."  I have set the PowerApp to collect the tables "On Start".  Within the app I have a "Service Date" from a date picker ( I also have a label for testing purposes) .  What I need to happen is:

LookUp the StartDate from the colCuries and where it is = to the ServiceDate, then give me the value from the specific column of C1040 from the colCuries.  My issue is the formatting is not the same and I cannot figure a way to correct this.  Here is a screenshot of the information.  The community has told me in the past this is not possible, I am hoping that over the past few months with the updates Power Apps has made, this is now possible and I am just not smart enough to figure it out.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: There has to be a way!

Hi @TerrificTerri,

I think the problem comes from the fact that PowerApps does not take into account the format of your date in Excel. I just made a test on my side and whatever the date format of my cell in Excel it would always return this:

10/3/2019 2:00 AM

So, what you have to do is this, so that the real values of the dates are compared equally:

LookUp(colCuries1, DateValue(Text(StartDate)) = DateValue(Text(dpServiceDate.SelectedDate)), C1040)

I know, it looks weird but I just tested it on my side and it seems to work properly.

Does it work on your side ?

Also, there might be a mistake in your formula: you put C1400 instead of C1040.

Emmanuel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @TerrificTerri,

I think the problem comes from the fact that PowerApps does not take into account the format of your date in Excel. I just made a test on my side and whatever the date format of my cell in Excel it would always return this:

10/3/2019 2:00 AM

So, what you have to do is this, so that the real values of the dates are compared equally:

LookUp(colCuries1, DateValue(Text(StartDate)) = DateValue(Text(dpServiceDate.SelectedDate)), C1040)

I know, it looks weird but I just tested it on my side and it seems to work properly.

Does it work on your side ?

Also, there might be a mistake in your formula: you put C1400 instead of C1040.

Emmanuel

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

You are a god send!  Thank you sooo much.  It works perfect!

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Glad I could help... 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,624)