cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power Automate Staff Audrie-MSFT
Power Automate Staff

Re: There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid.

I've experienced something similar to your issue in 3 cases. Please check if either apply:

1. There is a required field that is not on the edit form. Therefore the person filling out the form is attempting to submit data without values for required fields.

2. You are submitting a partial value to a complex field. Perhaps you are submitting just text to a choice field which needs two values: id and value (normally this results from someone creating the control versus using the control being created via app generation from the ribbon).
See this blog please: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/default-values-for-complex-sharepoint-types/

3. There was a change to the schema between the last publish and the issue. Save and close the app, then reopen and fields should adjust. When you do this check the App Checker for troubleshooting assistance.

See this blog please regarding the app checker: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-app-checker-helps-you-fix-errors-and-make-accessible-...

Thank you,

Audrie

Cheesewiz
Level: Powered On

Hello Audry,

Thank you for your recomendations, I believe the problem involves required feilds.  I have required start and end time/dates for both.  I have customized the data cards  where I have modified the Update and Default values to get the time and date info using a button (I think the built in time date picker is painful to use).  My solution works when I create a new enrty, the error comes if go back to edit one of the feilds, but not the other.  I think if I edit one feild, the other time/date feild is getting a blank value when I submit the form.  I think I need to work on the logic in the Default or update logic.  See attachment.   

Cheers,

Ryan

Aaronpatel

Hi,

How do I suppress the default error messages? I created an app using a SharePoint list. To avoid duplicates, I have concatenated user().Email with a couple of other fields (lookup dropdown list) to create a unique record key.
For the EditFrom screen, I have set
OnFailure=Notify("You may have submitted a survey for this course or missed question(s)," Error). This error indicates the sure that they have either missed a question or completed the survey.
Please see the attached image. I want the green error bar to show up and want to suppress any other error message, so it's not overwhelming for the end users.

The goal here is to avoid user suppling duplicate records.

Thank you.

RKnighton88

Hi, 

I have had a look through the responses and none seem to be answering my query. Now mine is slightly different. I have two forms on my App. That both need to record data. One was working fine without any issues, and now isn't and the other form I have added isn't working either. 

What does not make any sense, is that it was working fine and now does not appear to be. Is there any suggestions why this may be. I have followed @v-monli-msft advice and there is not an option to delete as indicated. 

RKnighton88

Not sure what I did but I have fixed the issue. The only thing I did differently was publish the application. That seemed to send the data. 

Or at least thats whatI think I did. Thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

Soldanke

Thank you Audry,

I spend a fe hours until I realized that I removed a required field. Point 1) of you list applied. Easy fix if you know what you are looking for...

Thx!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,666)