cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

This app cannot be edited with this version of PowerApps, How to upgrade Powerapps studio?

Hi everyone, 

I have a problem with exporting/importing a PowerApp from 1 environment to another. This is the error;

"This app cannot be edited with this version of PowerApps. Please go to make.powerapps.com and use PowerApps Studio to edit this App"

I developed the App on an Environment with version  3.20043.21. On production the version is  3.20023.8

I've searched on several posts about it and tried a lot of things:

I tried to update the "2020 release wave 1" with no success

Post 1 release wave 1 

For some reason i dont have the option to update or downgrade the version on File => Account

Load application from msapp 

I need to edit the conections on the app in order to work propperly,

There is way to force an update on the PowerApps studio in order to edit the app ?

Any solution on this, i appreciate.

Thanks.

Pablo.

6 REPLIES 6
sayyed007amir
Resolver II
Resolver II

Raise ticket with Microsoft.
As per my knowledge, that is the only option.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is related to PowerApps version.

Currently, within PowerApps, if you developed an app using PowerApps version 3.20043.21, when you migrate this app from one Environment to another Environment, you must make sure use same version of PowerApps (3.20043.21) or higher version of PowerApps to edit your canvas app rather than lower version.

If the version of your PowerApps in your target Environment is not 3.20043.21 or lower version, you could not edit your canvas app in target Environment. 

As an fixed solution, you could consider change the version of your PowerApps in your Source Environment into 3.20023.8 (same version of PowerApps in your Target Environment), then use the 3.20023.8 version of PowerApps to edit your canvas app, make a bit change, save and re-published it in your Source Evironment.

More details about changing the version of PowerApps, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/Issues-in-CDS-Lookup-references-for-CANVAS-BASED-app/td-p/555064

On your side, please go to "PowerApps Canvas app Create" guide panel, then switch to "Account" setting-> "Change Authoring Version" option-> "Authoring Version" to previous version:

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for your replys,

it's very weird because now the current version of the app is 3.20051.16 and i can't change it, the dropdown is block.

image.png

we already started a new application from zero in the production environment.

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could access the 3.20023.8 version (previous version) of PowerApps through the following link directly:

https://create.powerapps.com/v3.20023.8.147468054/studio/

use above version of PowerApps to open your saved canvas app, then made some changes to it, and re-published it again.

In addition, you could not change the version of your canvas app within your PowerApps Studio Editor directly. Instead, you need to  go to "PowerApps Canvas app Create" guide panel firstly, from there, switch to "Account" option, then click the "Change Authoring Version" option, then you could choose previous version of PowerApps to open your canvas app:

1.JPG

I also agree with your thought almost, if you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Torsten1337

We are just observing the same problem. Our Sandbox is on 3.20051.16 and production is 3.20043.22.

Yet we did not find a solution to save the production solution under an older version. The version selector only offers the current version after opening our app in PowerApps Studio. When using an older version of PowerApps Studio we cannot edit the app😞

What we just did in a test environment: Revert the production environment to sandbox. After this it was possible to import our solution form our previous sandbox. After successfull import we switched it again to production.

What do you think about this option?

Torsten

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, but we finally opted to make a new app in the production environment.

I didnt try the link that you provided. Maybe is a solution for other people.

Best Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,088)