Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baarsd
Helper I
Helper I

This app uses controls that may not be supported in this client

Hi all,

we've recently started seeing this message in one of our Power Apps when accessing it from a browser:

baarsd_0-1619999598990.png

After investigating, this is happening because I added export/import controls to the app (Export control and Import control: reference - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs). The particular controls is on a screen that is only accessible when the app is run on a mobile device (the button to the screen in question is hidden when the user opens the app in the browser).

I'd like to suppress the error message, while still keeping the control in the app - is this possible?

Thanks!
Dylan

9 REPLIES 9
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @baarsd ,

You can make a test for a mobile device - 

Location.Altitude > 0 || Acceleration.X > 0 

will return true if on a mobile device (false on a PC).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi,
thanks for the reply, but the trouble is it's because the control is in the app at all - I can use your suggested code to hide it via the visible property but that still means the control is part of the app (and then is why I'm getting the yellow bar)

That's my understanding anyway

@baarsd ,

Yes - I see the issue. I personally would have a copy of the app with the control removed for mobile devices - other than what I posted, I do not know of another way to detect a mobile device and as you have pointed out, it will not work in this case.

Hemzi-fcc
Helper II
Helper II

Were you able to find a solution to this issue?

Unfortunately not. For our use case, we end up moving the functionality we needed to a separate sharepoint list, which in the end was a better solution anyway.

shazrul
Frequent Visitor

I have this warning message shown on iOS because i have the mic control added. Its working perfectly fine on android and pc. Is there a reason why mic control is not supported on ios? I mean when the app is embedded in model driven

JoshHudsy
Frequent Visitor

I am still getting this error in 2022, the app has a QR code scanner on a screen that is not accesable when using a web browser but the user still gets this horrible message as soon as they launch the app. Is there a setting or URL switch or something we can enable to just turn off these warnings?

Screenshot_3.png

Thanks

I have the same issue. I would like to have one app that can run on either a phone or pc, and just show what's appropriate based on the type of user. Separating this into two apps is silly and would then require an additional license, not to mention having to maintain two sets of code. Really could use a setting to turn off this warning in 'Play' mode.

kkindness

Same alert here as well. The app (form) has a camera that works on my laptop, but on iPhone the camera screen says "your camera isn't setup properly, is currently in use, or is improperly configured by the app maker"...  iPhone privacy settings are set to allow Powerapps to access the camera. Also added drop-down to select the device, but dropdown is empty on phone (on laptop it allows me to select webcam). Anyone have any suggestions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,362)