Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baarsd
Helper I
Helper I

This app uses controls that may not be supported in this client

Hi all,

we've recently started seeing this message in one of our Power Apps when accessing it from a browser:

baarsd_0-1619999598990.png

After investigating, this is happening because I added export/import controls to the app (Export control and Import control: reference - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs). The particular controls is on a screen that is only accessible when the app is run on a mobile device (the button to the screen in question is hidden when the user opens the app in the browser).

I'd like to suppress the error message, while still keeping the control in the app - is this possible?

Thanks!
Dylan

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @baarsd ,

You can make a test for a mobile device - 

Location.Altitude > 0 || Acceleration.X > 0 

will return true if on a mobile device (false on a PC).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi,
thanks for the reply, but the trouble is it's because the control is in the app at all - I can use your suggested code to hide it via the visible property but that still means the control is part of the app (and then is why I'm getting the yellow bar)

That's my understanding anyway

@baarsd ,

Yes - I see the issue. I personally would have a copy of the app with the control removed for mobile devices - other than what I posted, I do not know of another way to detect a mobile device and as you have pointed out, it will not work in this case.

Hemzi-fcc
Frequent Visitor

Were you able to find a solution to this issue?

Unfortunately not. For our use case, we end up moving the functionality we needed to a separate sharepoint list, which in the end was a better solution anyway.

shazrul
Frequent Visitor

I have this warning message shown on iOS because i have the mic control added. Its working perfectly fine on android and pc. Is there a reason why mic control is not supported on ios? I mean when the app is embedded in model driven

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,771)