Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baarsd
Helper I
Helper I

This app uses controls that may not be supported in this client

Hi all,

we've recently started seeing this message in one of our Power Apps when accessing it from a browser:

baarsd_0-1619999598990.png

After investigating, this is happening because I added export/import controls to the app (Export control and Import control: reference - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs). The particular controls is on a screen that is only accessible when the app is run on a mobile device (the button to the screen in question is hidden when the user opens the app in the browser).

I'd like to suppress the error message, while still keeping the control in the app - is this possible?

Thanks!
Dylan

10 REPLIES 10
HISD_JSO
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same issue here, I already disabled and hidden the barcode scanner depending on whether or not the app is on a mobile device. 

My apps all use a "keyboard" input for barcode scanning on the desktop and the camera scanner on mobile, however, since this warning started showing user keeps complaining that they have to close it every time they open the app on the desktop. 

To be clear they already will never be able to access this control on the desktop regardless, so there is no need for the warning. At the very least we need an URL suppression flag for it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,442)