cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnP
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

This app was saved with a newer version of Power Apps

I develop my apps on a tenant/environment which is on studio version 3.21123.25. I export these apps and import them into another tenant/environment which has a default studio version 3.21101.26 (much older). When I try to edit them on the target tenant I get this behavior:

1. Power Apps asks if I want to Open with new version, I click yes to that.
  2. Then it asks if I want to leave site, click leave
  3. Then it spins some more and another popup which looks similar to the first pops up, this time titles "Saved with newer version", I click yes to open with new version.
  4. Then it will usually say it is locked, do you want to override, which I say yes to and it then just says "Getting things ready"

This used to work until just a few days ago. It would cycle through 1-3 and open the app in edit mode with the new studio version. Not so anymore, only a perpetual "getting things ready" message.

Is there a way to set which is the default studio version in a given environment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JohnP
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Ok, so I found one setting in the Power Platform admin center that seemed to help in my case. Go to the Environments page, click on the environment you want to change and the Edit details. The Refresh cadence property must be set to Frequent instead of Moderate. When I changed this the default studio version changed from 3.21101.26 to 3.21123.25. Now I can edit the apps without any warnings or popups!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JohnP
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Ok, so I found one setting in the Power Platform admin center that seemed to help in my case. Go to the Environments page, click on the environment you want to change and the Edit details. The Refresh cadence property must be set to Frequent instead of Moderate. When I changed this the default studio version changed from 3.21101.26 to 3.21123.25. Now I can edit the apps without any warnings or popups!

alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Awesome! Thanks for the follow up post. Hopefully this will prove useful for future communities users who are having similar issues in the future.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,458)