"Text" in Label2.Text,
"3",
"Text2" in Label2.Text,
"2",
"Text" in DataCardValue34.Selected.Value,
"1",
"Text" in DataCardValue34.Selected.Value,

""))

Currently I have the above code in a textbox (textbox1) to detect if certain values are being selected in my app. The reason I am assigning the numbers 1,2,3 is because certain options weigh more than the other and I want to capture the highest weighing option in the textbox. However if I try to use another textbox to assign values to those numbers for users to understand: 

Switch(textbox1.Text, "1", "NewValue", "")

I get the error message: This rule creates a circular reference between properties, which is not allowed.."

How can I resolve this issue? Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @overheadpress18,

This error message means that you refer to the TextInput text when you want to assign a value to itself.

I think you could use a variable and assign it to the OnChange property of the TextInput, then set the Default property of the text input with the variable.

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @overheadpress18,

This error message means that you refer to the TextInput text when you want to assign a value to itself.

I think you could use a variable and assign it to the OnChange property of the TextInput, then set the Default property of the text input with the variable.

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,469)