cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
westerdaled
Post Patron
Post Patron

ThisItem.SimpleTextfield = The formula uses scope which not presently supported for evaluation Data type: text

I have seen a number of related posts on this subject incl ThisItem.Status = This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation. Data typ... . However, in my case I simply want to display a simple Varchar(128) field so not a complex at all.

Checkpoint is not being displayed.png

Interestingly when I first insert the gallery and connect to my SQL Datasource the Checkpoint title is displayed.  I resize and add my pretty status indicator then, the Checkpoint field value goes awol 🙄- it has done this twice now.   I can replace ThisItem.Checkpoint with a variety of swear words and they all appear!

3 REPLIES 3
phipps0218
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

What have you set in the Items field of the Gallery?

Hi

Thanks for replying

Yes, for this initial prototype, it is the simply the database table. Now it is finding the record as I see the active status transitions when it displays the screen in the Power Apps editor.

Quick update:  this morning a couple of us have been changing the db schema to see what the impact is .  Looks like Checkpoint is a reserved word in SQL i.e. [Checkpoint]. When we created a similarly named field with the same size there are no probs displaying the data.

We also tried ThisItem.Table , which was defined with and without the '[]' and there were no issues.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,653)