cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hems
Regular Visitor

ThisItem.TeacherName shows no value in text box

I cannot get the data in my table to show in my powerapps browseGallery component. 

hems_2-1606135260460.png

the above file is  in one drive and the records are stored in a table called classData2. the below screenshot shows the end result of the OneDrive for Business connector, to find the excel file (named Book.xlsx) and then the table (classData2).

hems_1-1606135151941.png

now when trying to link the fields in the browsegallery component to the appropriate columns in the excel table, the function box has ThisItem.TeacherName but the text property shows "no value". 

hems_0-1606135109867.png

there is data in the table, and as far as I am concerned the powerapps seems to have the right connections but the app preview is also blank, where I believe it should at least a few of the row items in the list. 

what I am missing? please advise ... 

3 REPLIES 3
summitb
Power Participant
Power Participant

HI @hems 

Your column name is Teacher so it should be ThisItem.Teacher right? 

Jacky_Shen
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @hems ,

You can save the app and then close it, then try to re-open the app to see if you have any data. If not, can you share to us on the code of the property "Items" of this gallery?

i saved and closed the app many times. I'm very new to the platform, can you give me instructions on how to share the code?

also I just had a thought, I'm following the free Udacity course and I don't have a work or school Microsoft account. During the set up process, you essentially have one account but two 'tenants' (forgive if I've got this concept wrong).

Perhaps I'm using the wrong 'tenant' for this app whereby I don't have access to certain features, in my case using excel as a data store ... I could be wrong, have no idea if I'm honest. just a thought. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,851)