cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UBek
Regular Visitor

ThisItem operator input based on dropdown

I have a Sharepoint list, which (among other columns), includes 28 columns that represent a different project. Rows (there are 80 of them) show the status of the project on a particular factory line. I don't want to show all the columns (fields) in the PowerApps Gallery. Instead, I made a dropdown box with the list of project names, which correspond to the headers of the project columns. Once a specific project is selected, I want the 80 rows to display the status for that project only.

In PowerApps, we would normally use ThisItem.[column name] to show values for all the rows, but how can I do it when the column name is based on the dropdown value (or a search box)? I can't find a solution to work with ThisItem operator. Is it possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@UBek 

Instead of ThisItem, you can set the Item property of a gallery or datatable as
Lookup(SPlist, ID = Dropdown1.Selected.ID)

Thank you for your reply. I cannot use LookUp either because I cannot filter by project names. The Project names are column headers (28 different headers). There is no column called Project, so I cannot filter by a project name due to the structure of the table.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @UBek ,

I think you need to re-look at your data structure, or you will be hard-coding 28 possibilities every time you try to find a project.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,646)