cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UBek
Regular Visitor

ThisItem operator input based on dropdown

I have a Sharepoint list, which (among other columns), includes 28 columns that represent a different project. Rows (there are 80 of them) show the status of the project on a particular factory line. I don't want to show all the columns (fields) in the PowerApps Gallery. Instead, I made a dropdown box with the list of project names, which correspond to the headers of the project columns. Once a specific project is selected, I want the 80 rows to display the status for that project only.

In PowerApps, we would normally use ThisItem.[column name] to show values for all the rows, but how can I do it when the column name is based on the dropdown value (or a search box)? I can't find a solution to work with ThisItem operator. Is it possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@UBek 

Instead of ThisItem, you can set the Item property of a gallery or datatable as
Lookup(SPlist, ID = Dropdown1.Selected.ID)

UBek
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your reply. I cannot use LookUp either because I cannot filter by project names. The Project names are column headers (28 different headers). There is no column called Project, so I cannot filter by a project name due to the structure of the table.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @UBek ,

I think you need to re-look at your data structure, or you will be hard-coding 28 possibilities every time you try to find a project.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,375)