cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sriharibs
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thread for modern advanced find and enhanced view management with 2022 release wave 1

We recently released a modern advanced find that replaces the legacy experiences and adds powerful enhancements to how you can personalize and manage views.

We'd love to hear your feedback on this capability on this post so everyone can benefit from the discussion.

Thank you,

Srihari

25 REPLIES 25
sopatte
Microsoft
Microsoft

Is there a blog post or something where we can read about these new features?

Hello @sopatte - The blog post is being published, should be live in the next 15-20 hours. I will put a link to the post here when it is available.

sriharibs
Power Apps
Power Apps
Proton
Frequent Visitor

How do you submit bug reports for issues encountered from such features?

I created a personal view, but the "Share" option is missing from the context menu in the "Manage and share views" dialog.  What permissions are required to share a personal view?  I'm testing it out in a Dev environment and appear to lack the necessary permission even as a System Administrator.  I do receive an error each time I save a personal view ("Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'categoryId')"), but it still does appear to create the view, but could be related to the share issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, will this be an optional feature in our production instance when this goes to General Availability, such that we can still use the 'classic' Advanced Find until we are totally comfortable with this change?

it's a big change to a core feature and we need our users to be totally comfortable with this, so lots of comms/training materials to deal with. 

Thanks, Martin

MBates
Frequent Visitor

In Sandbox Environment (Dynamics 365 Sales) I am getting an error when I use the "Manage and Share Views" option on Activities.  Works fine on other Entities.  The side panel opens up and I get this error:

Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'hiddenSavedQueryIdMap')

Hi @Proton I am unable to reproduce this issue. Let send you a direct message and connect with you get some diagnostic information for us to investigate this further. Thank you!

Hi @Anonymous This feature is not enabled for you by default. An administrator needs to enable modern advanced find for this to be enabled for all end users.

Hello @MBates - Thank you for reporting this. I am able to reproduce this, and we are looking into it with utmost urgency.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,157)