cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sriharibs
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thread for new search experience in model-driven Power Apps

We recently announced the new search experience for model-driven Power Apps that combines core search improvements with exciting usability updates that make searching for information fast and easy, enhancing productivity.

As you use the new search experience, we'd absolutely love to hear your feedback. This community post is for all the feedback on the new search experience.

Thank you,

Srihari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
summitb
Power Participant
Power Participant

Issue sorted, Thanks @sriharibs 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DennisG
Advocate I
Advocate I

This looks awesome!

Two questions:

• (When) will we see this for canvas apps?
  • Is this search only contextual to Power Apps or am I seeing some integration into Microsoft Search, i.e. being able to search entities from office.com? If this is integrated in Microsoft Search, is this an official connector I can use?
NielsL
Helper IV
Helper IV

This is really great. It will defiantly improve the general user experience as it will become much easier and intuitive for the users to find what they are looking for. 

Are they any plans to include entity images when searching? E.g. pictures of contacts and accounts. That would make it a lot easier to identify the records you are looking for when scanning the list. 

bhanukoniki
Regular Visitor

Couple of things:

1. If the search result entities are more, there is no horizontal scroll bar to navigate to entities on the right side.

2. Also, we have Relevance Search "Turned ON" on all our environments and all the environments are at same version, however the feature setting is showing up only in some environments. Any idea why?

Otherwise, it looks fine!!

Hi @DennisG 

• Bringing this to canvas apps is on our roadmap. But you can build your own search experience over CDS with the new relevance search API.
  • Leveraging Microsoft Search is on our radar. Will share more info/plans around it in the coming months!

Thank you,

Srihari

Hello @bhanukoniki 

1. The individual entity tabs on the search results page show all the columns in quick find view for that entity + all the facets. Please let us know if you can see it.
  2. The feature setting is Use new search experience is only available on environments where relevance search has already been turned on, acting as an additional opt-in setting. For environments where relevance search is not turned on, turning on the new experience is the default relevance search experience. More on this in our documentation.

Thanks for responding, Srihari.

1. Yes, all the quick find view columns and facets show up fine. However, if the search result set returns more number of entities... then Facets is covering that up and there is no way to scroll/see the entity results to the extreme right.

2. Relevance Search is enabled and have been using since last 2years, however for just one CDS Sales Org, option to enable doesn't show up in PPAC. 

3. I also observed that the search result count showing for each entity is wrong or is going away when we click on the search result entity.

Please see attached screenshots for evidence. Thank you!

summitb
Power Participant
Power Participant

Turned it on my first release environment. But couldn't see the search appearing.Capture.JPG

@summitb I'm sending you a private message to get this addressed ASAP.

summitb
Power Participant
Power Participant

Issue sorted, Thanks @sriharibs 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (38,677)