i have a list in sharepoint cloumns are

Title

Description Text and compulsory field

Category Choice drop down

Percent number shown as percentage

Priority drop down menu high, medium, low

Task Status drop down menu Not Started, In Progress, Completed

Assigned To Name/Person Field

Ok so i generated the app in power apps but it populates all the fields so i make the fields Percent,Task Status, Assigned To

Not visible great user cant see it only problem neither can i, then try to create a new screen for the fields i want to see add a screen it only gves me three field hobble my way through that save app cant find my screen created.

So i create a flow basically when item created in sharepoint using app  via link on sharepoint main page once app sua email to myself, generate another condition that says Or based on task status equal to In progress generate a new email that says task staus updated this goes to person that created the ticket, generate another condition that says Or if Task status is equal to Completed create a email to creator of ticket and myself to say ticket closed.Great save try to kick of flow get 6 emails realise that the Or part doesnt kick off when i change the status because there is no trigger.

Amy ideas on how this can be redone, i have looked for flows that simply say when list is updated send a email nothing

If anyone can assist me ill appreciate i have watched the power apps videos read items i am still not getting the hang of it

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Ticketing system

Hi @justinhd83 ,

For your scenario just use a Switch action with flow

Try the Switch action

so Swicth - Task Status

and then  create cases for each scenario

Case: -  Not Started

CASE : In progress and so on

send ur specific email for each case

Try it out and let me know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @justinhd83 

Firstly calm down and do not get frustrated

Share screenshots of the Flow in edit mode and run mode

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi there screen shots below

flow1.pngflow2.png

flow3.pngflow4.png

Thanks

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @justinhd83 ,

For your scenario just use a Switch action with flow

Try the Switch action

so Swicth - Task Status

and then  create cases for each scenario

Case: -  Not Started

CASE : In progress and so on

send ur specific email for each case

Try it out and let me know

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi i have created it fog the first notification then i went into the sharepoint list did a quick edit and changed the status to in progress no notification

flow5.png

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@justinhd83 

You flow trigger is when an item is created

so flow will only trigger when a new item is created not when updated

there is a trigger available that does both

You will have to change thre trigger if that is ur scenario

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi

Thanks fior the feedback what is the trigger called that does both?

Thanks

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi so i am at a 90% solution to this specific problem after your advise i wat trolling through the pages and came across a post

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/When-a-new-Item-is-created-and-when-an-existing-it...

And with some tweaking i have managed to get to the stage where based on creating a flow from scratch not using a template and using some code i have managed to get a notification for stautu not started and status in progress, status completed isnt sending the notification not sure why.

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @justinhd83 

Glad to knwo u r 90% there

now share screenshot of your flow in edit mode and when flow runs both

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi so i have finally come right in my quest for notifications on this app everything works as it should thank you for your help @RezaDorrani i still have a million questions on power apps and a million more frustrations but at least this is working

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,279)