cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Time Field in power apps forms on my SharePoint site list changes to default in edit form

I have an app form for my SharePoint list and each time I create a new time and pick a specific time and then go back and edit it, the time field changes back to 00:00 on the start date and due date as shown below in the screenshots provided.

I have provided

1- How the time is shown after the item is created on the SP list.

2- How the time is shown when the item is in edit mode.

3- Default functions for hours and minutes in the power-apps form customization.

I want the time to stay as the user first assigned it when creating the item for every time the item is edited

Please help if there is a solution for this.

Thanks.

TimeFieldError.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Time Field in power apps forms on my SharePoint site list changes to default in edit form

Hi @Kareem_Shamel ,

Could you tell me the data type of start date and end date?

I suggest you use date and time data type and choose "include time" selection.

118.PNG

If your field is date, bot not include time, the datetime value will change back to datevalue automatically. In this situation, the time value will not be saved successfully.

And here's my startdate field's settings:

1181.PNG

1182.PNG

1183.PNG

Then, this field's time value will be saved.

I just use its default settings. So I think choosing the right data type is the most important.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Time Field in power apps forms on my SharePoint site list changes to default in edit form

All my date fields includes time.

Actually the problem when I use the Parent.Default expression, it shows the start date and end date as 12/31/2001 and the time is 00:00 when creating a new item as shown in the screenshot.

StartDateDueDate.png

InputTextPlaceHolder.png

How to change the value of the InputTextPlaceHolder to show the date as today's date rather than 12/31/2001 and the time to be shown as the current time rather than 00:00

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I actually found a workaround for the InputTextPlaceHolder to display today's date by placing Today() instead of Date(12/31/2001).

But I still have a problem with time as it's showing 00:00 while I need it to show the current time instead.

TextToday.png

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@v-yutliu-msft any solution for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,419)