cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobbyG
Level: Power Up

Time Stamp in Twitter is 1hr behind true UK time, how can I change?

I'm extracting tweets into excel, but the CREATED BY column is 1hr out of the UK time, how can I edit this so the data extracted is correct? All the tweets in the image where actually sent in 21:00hrs (not 20:00hrs).

flow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff CarlosFigueira
Power Apps Staff

Re: Time Stamp in Twitter is 1hr behind true UK time, how can I change?

Current the UK is in its daylight savings time (British Summer Time), which makes its time 1 hour ahead of the UTC (Coordinated Universal Time), represented as +0100. As you can see in the image you added to this post, the time is stored in UTC (+0000). If you want the local time in the UK, you need to add one hour.

Notice that if you're using those times in PowerApps, if you use the Text function to convert it to a string (for example, using the DateTimeFormat.LongDateTime option), and your machine was in the UK time zone, you would see the time as 21:...).

As an example, if you add a textbox to a PowerApp and set this formula to its Text property, you will see the date in the local time of your machine (13:11:22 for me, at UTC-0700; 21:11:22 for someone on UTC+0100).

Text(DateTimeValue("Tue May 31 20:11:22 +0000 2016"), DateTimeFormat.LongDateTime24)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Steelman70
Level 10

How about if you extract the tweets directly into PowerApps?  If the time is still wrong, you can use AddColumns to add a column to your data source with the correct time by adding 1 hour to the tweet time column.

You can see available connections here: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/connections-list/

Twitter is available.

Is there any particular reason you extract the tweets into Excel first?

Power Apps Staff CarlosFigueira
Power Apps Staff

Current the UK is in its daylight savings time (British Summer Time), which makes its time 1 hour ahead of the UTC (Coordinated Universal Time), represented as +0100. As you can see in the image you added to this post, the time is stored in UTC (+0000). If you want the local time in the UK, you need to add one hour.

Notice that if you're using those times in PowerApps, if you use the Text function to convert it to a string (for example, using the DateTimeFormat.LongDateTime option), and your machine was in the UK time zone, you would see the time as 21:...).

As an example, if you add a textbox to a PowerApp and set this formula to its Text property, you will see the date in the local time of your machine (13:11:22 for me, at UTC-0700; 21:11:22 for someone on UTC+0100).

Text(DateTimeValue("Tue May 31 20:11:22 +0000 2016"), DateTimeFormat.LongDateTime24)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MelindaK
Level 8

Hi all,

I am currently having this problem, I have a datetime column in a SQL database and when I get the value into PowerApps it shows it minus one hour. If I was to add an hour to it now, it will work, but thinking on the long run, this means that every time the hour changes to/from summer time, I need to manually adapt it which is not manageable at all. 

Is there anything else that someone has done to fix this and not having to manually change it?

Thanks 🙂 

MelindaK

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,664)