cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajkumar_v
Level: Powered On

Time Zone issue from Powerapp to SharePoint List

Hi,

We are using Power apps to submit data to SharePoint List with Start date and End Date.

Both Date fields in power app configured as DatePicker Field Type with Time Zone set to Local.

But we are facing issue when User has different time zone other than SharePoint Time Zone.

Eg:

Power App Screen: 3

User's Time Zone: UTC - 2 

SharePoint Time Zone:  UTC - 8

Capture.PNGPowerApp

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Regards

Rajkumar V

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Time Zone issue from Powerapp to SharePoint List

Would it be possible to set the TimeZone to UTC?

Besides, if the timezone is different, we could take use of TimeZoneOffset to convert the date:

Quoted:

"

The TimeZoneOffset function returns the number of minutes between the user's local time and UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).

You can use DateAdd with the TimeZoneOffset to convert between the user's local time and UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). Adding TimeZoneOffset will convert a local time to UTC, and subtracting it (adding the negative) will convert from UTC to local time.

"

Function reference:

DateAdd, DateDiff, and TimeZoneOffset functions in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rajkumar_v

I have changed TimeZone to UTC in Date Field, but the user has the same issue.

For eg: User selected 27-Aug-18 in PowerApps but in SharePoint List it stored as 26-Aug-18. I wanted to store the date selected by user only. Also it should work for users from different time zone too.

Note:

User Time Zone is UTC+1

SharePoint Time Zone is UTC-8

Regards

Rajkumar V

wirda

This topic is 100% accurate to what I'm struggling right now. Did you get any solution?

Super User
Super User

@wirda 

Did you apply the solution that was suggested to use the TimeZoneOffset function?

DateAdd( Now(), TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes)

Or as your case might be 

DateAdd(columnValue, TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
wirda

I'm struggling with Leave Request app, there's a card Company Holiday, but the issue is date is wrong (one day before)

For example I have New Year set to 01/01/2019 but in the app it shows 31 December

Text(DateAdd(ThisItem.StartDate; TimeZoneOffset(ThisItem.StartDate); Minutes);"[$-en-US]dddd, mmmm dd")

I changed code to 

Text(DateAdd(ThisItem.StartDate; TimeZoneOffset(ThisItem.StartDate); Minutes);"[$-pl-PL]dddd, dd mmmm")
Stewart_T

Hi Rajkumar,

I've been playing with this issue myself, which has been driving me slightly crazy - with global users using a single PowerApps form writing back to a SharePoint list.

Using a single line of text field with rather than date works - 

Text(DATEFIELD, "[$-en-GB]dd/mm/yyyy") 

But I've been trying to keep this as date field. From my testing the site regional settings have no impact at all, but updating the Update function on the date field with a TimezoneOffset does, though this is still BST rather than UCT for me.

DateAdd(DateValue1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue1.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue1.Selected.Value), 0),TimeZoneOffset(),Minutes)

DateAdd(DateValue1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue1.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue1.Selected.Value), 0),TimeZoneOffset(),Minutes)

Still trying to get to the bottom of where SharePoint picks up it's time to save this to the list as, if not the regional setting, as this is my last issue (SP adjusts for 1 hour less than I need at the moment), meaning this correction is still 1 hour off what the users originally input).

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,591)