cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time entry app with sperate lists/excel on SharePoint online for different ppl

Hi everyone, 

I have a scenario, I  have  few power apps that i need to share with multiple people. 

1: one is  time log app that is capturing time in and out of everyone. I want to have a SPERATE list on SharePoint for every person.

2: One person's list should not be visible to another person. 

Time app is using one flow that is one list on SharePoint how can i make to usable for every person, with same flow but SPERATE list or excel for every person in SharePoint?

TIA

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You would need (as you have stated) a separate list and then hard-code the relationship based on the user log-in and display the user's list in a gallery. It would be best to base this on a Collection, with the content based on which list needs to be collected.

There is no issue making the one list available to the Flow to everyone.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm. i have no idea how to do this. but will tyr to search . Thanks a lot.

KyleJ
Helper II
Helper II

Seeing as how Lists in sharepoint are fundamentally considered the data source, you are not going to be abel to programmatically create a data source when a user signs in to clock in or out. I encourage you to consider using lists as the database, where people will not go to look for their data at all. 

You have the time entry app itself, I'm assuming to log in in's and out's timestamps. 
Another screen, can hold a gallery, that isall items filtered out the the current logged in user. 

That way, all of your data is centrally housed in 1 list. 
But when each user logs in to view their hours, they can only see THEIR OWN data, because you have coded the filter to pull in only the currently logged in users items.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another screen, can hold a gallery, that isall items filtered out the the current logged in user. 

Can you please explain it further how to do it ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,468)