Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Time issue across different devices

Morning all,

I've been told an app which was working fine yesterday in the office is now not.

After some investigation I think i can see what the problem is,but not why it wasn't originally or why it is in fact doing what it's doing.

I made a contactless sign in app - there is a timer refreshing every second which refreshes my SP list
I have a gallery filtered to show the last signed in persons name in a welcome message.

Gallery's visibility is set to be if the last entry was between 0-10 senconds from the time now.

On my laptop at home this is working as expected when i play the app or preview the app,

On my phone and a phone in the office along with the machine this is used on it isnt.

Any idea whats causing such a massive difference here? As I said , last night this was fine.

2020-07-09 10_08_00-.png2020-07-09 10_09_18-.png

Code to get the differing labels is

Value(Sum(DateDiff(DateTimeValue(galpopup.Selected.TimeIn),MyTimeNow,Seconds)))

My time now is time at top of screen
Checking the SP list times are logged at the correct time.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

I still haven't cracked this,

I can work around by adding x days (in seconds) to the formula but it's hardly ideal.

I know the problem now - to an extent - it's how the dates are formatted differently on different devices

First image is from my laptop, second from my phone (phone seems to display as the computer in the office too) 

This morning I had to add 235 days to the datediff calc to make this work in the office.

2020-07-15 15_30_31-Visitor LogV2 - Power Apps.png2020-07-15 15_37_05-Inbox - Liam.Ratcliffe@wrekinproducts.com - Outlook.png

Any ideas hot to get this working uniformly across all devices?

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

I still haven't cracked this,

I can work around by adding x days (in seconds) to the formula but it's hardly ideal.

I know the problem now - to an extent - it's how the dates are formatted differently on different devices

First image is from my laptop, second from my phone (phone seems to display as the computer in the office too) 

This morning I had to add 235 days to the datediff calc to make this work in the office.

2020-07-15 15_30_31-Visitor LogV2 - Power Apps.png2020-07-15 15_37_05-Inbox - Liam.Ratcliffe@wrekinproducts.com - Outlook.png

Any ideas hot to get this working uniformly across all devices?

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

You may want to issue a support request and have the event investigated to determine the cause of the problem and what to do about it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,866)