Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asimansari
Helper I
Helper I

Time not dependent on system time

Hi,
I developed an attendance app which records time in and out. The problem is that the time being recorded via Now() is the system time displayed in windows.
This poses very difficult situation where an employee may change his/her device time to manipulate the data.

Any idea how we can achieve the real time in the situation?
4 REPLIES 4
myke_deabreu
Resolver III
Resolver III

You could have a Flow that will enter the time instead of using the Now() on the Submit button. 

Create a flow that will get the current time and enter it into your datasource. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Is-there-an-expression-in-Flow-like-TODAY-in-Exce...

v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Asimansari 

Could you please reference this?

function-dateadd-datediff#converting-to-utc

Best Regards.

Yumia

Thanks for replying.

Its a neat solution. Are you sure btw that flow takes an independent value of now() ?

If it does, we can have it as a solution. Plus a little workaround with a timer with a duration of one second will give us accurate time measure for the whole session with just one flow run.

Thanks Yumia,
Yes i did reference this. It is not relevant in this case btw.
This adds to or subtracts from the datetime value already fetched from the system.

Anyways, thanks for searching it out for me ☺️

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,584)