Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Time not showing correctly iOS iPhone and iPad

Hi Guys

I have encountered the following error in IOS (Ipad and Iphone running with PowerApps version 3.18094.29 and iOS 12.0)

Datetime set with format "[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm AM/PM" . Sample:    Text(ThisItem.CreatedAt,"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm AM/PM")

In web client the date and time is set correctly Date: 08/10/2018 09:17 AM

On the other hand, in my iPad and iPhone  he date is correct but time is wrong!  08/10/2018 08:17 PM

Now, this app was working fine until last Thursday 4/10 Australian time.

Can the PowerApps team have a look into this? Thanks!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Time not showing correctly iOS iPhone and iPad

Hi @abecerra,

Could you please share more details about the data source used here?

I tested with the formula under IOS on PowerApps version 3.18094.29, and the date displays without any problem.

Besides, any date changes like Daylight, or TimeZone related, which may be the cause of different time display issue?

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Time not showing correctly iOS iPhone and iPad

Hi Guys

Had a further look and this was the result.

We created an API to retrieve datetime values from our database into local AU time (given that 2 years ago PowerApps did not handle UTC time to local time in the app) from State information when the entry was set. Now, there was an update made recently that now given UTC time saved we can retrieve it by forms in PowerApps. The only issue I have is that:

* When the time retrieved (when local time calculated passed  from API) it shows correctly in the web version but it iOS version it shows the incorrect datetime 

* When I modified the API to just retrieve UTC time as such, the web version doesn't work but the mobile version shows the correct date.

To solve this problem I had to retrieve directly the time from forms and that's how it showed the correct time in web and mobile version. The time does not show correctly if I use my API

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,041)