cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

TimeStamp in SP list when CheckBox is checked

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I am addressing a forum, excuse my lack of clarity but I am really blocked. I'm trying to create an application to replace a paper checklist. On a screen, I created a empty gallery, I added a CheckBox that appears for each line of my list (text fed by a Sharepoint list named 'Exemple-Checklist) :

Capture d’écran 2020-11-12 à 10.58.56.png.       Capture d’écran 2020-11-12 à 10.36.18.png

What I'd like to do (but I'm not able to do it and finally I don't Know if it's possible): when the checkbox is checked, save the time it was checked in a new column in the Sharepoint list "exemple-checklist". For the moment, I have tried to complete "OnCheck" function on my CheckBox with the following formula:

Patch('Exemple-Checklist'; (Defaults('Exemple-Checklist')); {('Step1':CurrentTime)} )

After days of searching, hours of testing, hours of watching Shane Young, I'm completely lost. Should I create a button to add a new column? Should I use an edit form instead of a gallery? Should I use two different Sharepoint Lists?

If someone knows how to solve my problem or even has some hints on how to improve the timestamp method, you would save my life.

Best regards,

Melvin

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,551)