cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timeout limit on using an app left idle during user data entry in web browser?

What is the timeout using an app if left idle in a web browser (chrome, ie, edge) during user data entry?

If it makes any difference, I'm specifically referring to a SharePoint Online customized form. 

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Timeout limit on using an app left idle during user data entry in web browser?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to know the timeout of PowerApps?

As far as I know, the timeout is 8 hours now.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Renew-the-timer-on-Web-Apps/idi-p/14600

If you open the App in PowerApps Web Studio, then the session should be active within 8 hours.

However, the connection may be disconnected during 8 hours. You could check on the PowerApps connection list site, make sure that this connection's status is Connected. If not, fix the connection there.123456.JPG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Timeout limit on using an app left idle during user data entry in web browser?

Hi @v-yutliu-msft 

Thanks for the reply...No, I'm not looking to know the timeout session in PowerApps studio during development. 

I want to know the session timeout of a PowerApps form that's been published and used in a SharePoint Online webpart, but has been left idle during data entry.

For example, here's a screenshot of the form when left idle... what is the session timeout limit?

powerapps timeout session.png

Highlighted
muzammilhussain
Level: Powered On

I am looking for the solution for an open app timeout as well, any solutions till yet? i.e. can I put the timer on the data connection to refresh before 8 hours time, so it can keep connected for further 8 hours etc.

forcedLightning

I have this same question, if anyone has some insight.

sdresche

Same question here

kjgraham11

I am also looking for a solution to this issue. I have heard of a chrome extension to auto-refresh the page for the end user but this is still not ideal. Looking for a solution within the PowerApps environment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,168)