cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Timer Control - Add to Collection and Add Values

I am using the timer control like a stopwatch counting laps. I add each lap to a collection and when I get to 10 laps I patch the collection to a SharePoint list. 

The problem is that SharePoint sees the output from the Timer Control as Text and not a number. 

My question is how should I format the Timer Control so that it's output is actually a number?

The perfect scenario would be for me to end up with numbers like 52.5 which would be 52.5 seconds. Then I can perform the required math on the backend. 

Thank you for reading. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Timer Control - Add to Collection and Add Values

When you patch the value to SharePoint, try using the Value property of the Timer control; it contains the number of milliseconds (so divide by 1000 if you want the value in seconds) that has elapsed from the timer / stopwatch.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

When you patch the value to SharePoint, try using the Value property of the Timer control; it contains the number of milliseconds (so divide by 1000 if you want the value in seconds) that has elapsed from the timer / stopwatch.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Thank you - I figured this out after some further research.  It works PERFECTLY.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,048)